We have sponsored a number of conferences and meetings since FreeBIT was started. Usually we will coordinate our activities with those of other networks and societies to achieve a higher impact. The following are some of the conferences we have organized:
- 2010 Annual General Meeting: coorganized with SOIBIO, the PROSUL Network on Bioinformatics, and the Chilean Society of Biochemistry, in Termas de Chillán, Chile.
- 2010 Jornadas de Bioinformática, coorganized with the Spanish Bioinformatics Network and the Spanish National Bioinformatics Institute in Malaga, Spain.
- 2011 Annual General Meeting: coorganized with SOIBIO, the Brazilian AB3C society, the PROSUL Network on Bioinformatics, in Florianopolis, Brazil
- 2011 Workshop on Distributed and HPC Computing for Biology and Health, coorganized with PROSUL Network on Bioinformatics, in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
- 2012 Annual General Meeting: coorganized with ISCB and SOIBIO, in Santiago de Chile.
- 2012 I international Centroamerican Conference on Bioinformatics, in San Jose de Costa Rica.
- 2012 Workshop on NGS and Metagenomics
- 2012 Course on Metagenomics and Biodiversity