Additionally, we have started a collaboration with SOIBIO and ISCB to promote development of open access materials for training in Bioinformatics and Biocomputing, with special involvement of their respective student chapters.
We produce training courses, materials and tutorials aimed at end users, scientists, developers, private companies and opinion makers. They cover everything related to FLOSS and the Life and Health Sciences from how to use programs, through development techniques and explotation advice.
Some of the topics covered in our courses and tutorials include
- Analysis of Macromolecular Structure
- Molecular Simulations
- Analysis of Protein Structure and Function
- Advanced UNIX/Linux
- Computer programming in C, Fortran, Perl, Python, PHP…
- R and Bioconductor
- Choosing an appropriate FLOSS license
- Developing Free Software
- Grid and cloud Computing
- Molecular Phylogenetics
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Quantum Computational Chemistry in Biology
- and many, many more…
More information on these activities is available from our educational web site.